This 20”-widehelical head thickness planer can quickly turn rough lumber into boards with smooth faces. Heavy cast iron and steel construction keeps the material steady and supported.
- 5 hp motor turns the cutter head at a whopping 5,000 rpm.
- Straight 4-row helical head cutter comes standard.
- Runs on 220-volt single-phase power, so it can work almost anywhere.
- Fully cast iron 20” x 25.75” table with 15” extensions can expand to an impressive 20” x 55.75”.
2 speedsallow you to pick what’s right for your project:
- 20 feet per minute when you need to smooth boards in shorter amount of time.
- 16 feet per minute when you want a more refined finish or you’re working with tougher material.
- 8” maximum and .25” minimum cutting height.
- Maximum ⅛” cut depth.
- Handwheel with a scale on the side of the planer lets you precisely adjust the height in seconds.
- Cast iron frame on the top and bottom stabilizes the machine and helps it last longer.
- Magnetic safety switch automatically turns the machine off in case of a power outage or a problem with the current.
- Anti-kickback fingers grip the material so it’s less likely to shoot back out if the blades get jammed.
- Extra-large 5” dust port prevents clogging. You can easily hook up your dust collection system, so your shop stays clean with breathable air.
- Built-in wheels on the base allow you to move the machine around your shop and store it.
- Covered by a 1-year parts warranty.
- Replacement parts are in stock at our Wisconsin warehouse for fast shipping.
- Lifetime technical support by phone means that you can call our team of experienced woodworkers whenever you have questions or need troubleshooting.
Item Number IP-208-HH
Shipping Weight 920lbs
Table Size (Length) 55-3/4"
Table Size (Width) 20"
Spindle Travel 5000
Maximum Depth of Cut (Resaw) 1/8"
Cutter Head Diameter 3-1/4"
Max Stock Width 20"
Maximum Stock Height 8"
Minimum Stock Thickness 1/4"
Minimum Stock Length 8"
Feed Speed 16/20 FPM
Table Elevation Manual
Power 220V Single Phase
Horse Power 5
Weight (lbs) 880
Number of Inserts 92
Insert Rows 4
Shipping Dimensions (Inches) 60x48x55
This item will be shipped to you directly from the manufacturer.
Processing and fulfillment times are subject to manufacturer availability. If there are any delays, you will be contacted by us with a more accurate delivery timeframe.
It is important to assess the product being shipped against your location and material-handling capabilities.
Please be aware that your location needs to be prepared to properly handle and sign for freight shipments. You need to have access to a dock location, a forklift or the ability to unload the product from the freight carrier's trailer.
If your location does not have a traditional loading dock or forklift to unload your LTL freight out of the trailer, a Lift gate service will be required. There will be an additional charge of $100 to $200 dollars for the service. Sometimes it can be more or less. It varies by carrier and even by market with different carriers. It often depends on the supply and demand of lift gate equipped trucks in your area.
If a shipment is too heavy or the footprint (i.e., panel saws, metalworking lathes, mill/drills) is too large to ship via small parcel carrier (USPS, UPS or FedEx), it is shipped via a freight carrier. Freight shipments are considered tail gate deliveries, meaning that the driver is only responsible for moving the shipment to the rear of the trailer and will not assist with unloading.
For non-commercial deliveries, the freight carrier will contact you to schedule a delivery window and confirm if lift gate services are required. If lift gate service is requested, the driver is responsible for lowering the product to the ground during delivery. Freight shipments delivered to a residential location are considered curb side deliveries, meaning the driver will make the delivery in the street at the end of the customer’s driveway. Freight Carriers are not required to enter driveways to make residential deliveries due to liability and safety issues.
Although most deliveries go smoothly, sometimes there are exceptions beyond our control. Machines weighing over 2,000 pounds, bulky and oversized machines with a large footprint may not be able to be delivered via a lift gate for risk of injury or damage to the machine. There are also inaccessible remote, residential or high density urban areas that freight carriers cannot safely access. If encountered, such shipments are available for dock delivery or will be required to be picked up from the carrier’s terminal.
If you have any questions about freight delivery options, contact us at info@FactoryDirectSupplyOnline.com
California Proposition 65
⚠WARNING: – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
We are providing this warning pursuant to a law passed by California in 1986 called the “California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986”, or “Proposition 65” for short.
A Proposition 65 warning does not mean a product is in violation of any product-safety standards or requirements. In fact, the California government has clarified that “[t]he fact that a product bears a Proposition 65 warning does not mean by itself that the product is unsafe.”
The California agency tasked with implementing Proposition 65 has also explained, “You could think of Proposition 65 more as a ‘right to know’ law than a pure product safety law.” See http://oehha.ca.gov/prop65/background/p65plain.html
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.