Simpson Strong-Tie LUS hangers are a light capacity joist hanger that utilize double shear nailing for added strength. This innovation distributes the load through two points on each joist nail for greater strength. It also allows the use of fewer nails, faster installation, and the use of standard nails for all connections. The Strong-Tie LUS28SS face mount hanger is made out of 316L stainless steel and offers maximum corrosion resistance in harsh exterior conditions.
Finish Spec: 316L Stainless Steel
Manufacturer Name: Simpson Strong-Tie
Fasteners Required: Header - (6) 0.148 x 3" NailsJoist - (4) 0.148 x 3" Nails
For Treated Lumber: yes
Joist Size: 2X8
Thickness: 18 Gauge
Width Spec: 1-9/16"
- Use all specified fasteners.
- Use hot-dip galvanized (HDG) nails with ZMAX and HDG connector products. Use Type 316 stainless-steel nails with our stainless-steel connector products.
- Nails must be driven at an angle through the joist or truss into the header to achieve the table loads.
- Not designed for welded or nailer applications.
- 16d sinkers (0.148" dia. x 3 1/4" long) may be used where 10d commons are specified with no reduction in load. Where 16d commons are specified, 10d commons or 16d sinkers (0.148" dia. x 3 1/4" long) may be used at 0.85 of the table load.
- With 2x carrying members, use 10d x 1 1/2" nails into the header and 10d commons into the joist, reduce the load to 0.64 of the table value.
California Proposition 65
⚠WARNING: – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
We are providing this warning pursuant to a law passed by California in 1986 called the “California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986”, or “Proposition 65” for short.
A Proposition 65 warning does not mean a product is in violation of any product-safety standards or requirements. In fact, the California government has clarified that “[t]he fact that a product bears a Proposition 65 warning does not mean by itself that the product is unsafe.”
The California agency tasked with implementing Proposition 65 has also explained, “You could think of Proposition 65 more as a ‘right to know’ law than a pure product safety law.” See http://oehha.ca.gov/prop65/background/p65plain.html
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.