Built from steel and cast iron, this numerically controlled 18” jointer/planer saves space and does the work of 2 machines without compromising on quality.
- 7.5 hp motor has enough strength to cut and smooth 18” boards.
- 4.75” helical cutter head (included) spins at 5,700 rpm.
- 6 rows of rotatable carbide blades on the spiral cutter head will remain sharp for much longer than a straight-knife cutter could.
- Baileigh JP-1898-NC jointer planer runs on 220-volt 3-phase power.
- 98” table supports your boards, ensures true, straight cuts.
- Digital controller lets you adjust the height of the 63” x 18” jointer table.
- Programmable system for the planer lets you enter your desired spacing, and machine takes care of the rest.
- Control panels with big stop and start buttons are simple to use.
- Parallelogram-style jointer bed helps prevent accidents by maintaining a tight, uniform gap between the table and the cutter—regardless of the table height.
- 5/16” maximum cutting depth at the jointer station.
- Fence can tilt up to 45° for edge joining.
- 71” x 18” planer table (with a large resting area on both sides) makes it easier for you to maneuver the material.
- Variable infeed speed from 16 to 50 feet per minute lets you finetune to fit the wood you’re working with and get a better finish.
- Rubber infeed and outfeed rollers reduce friction and keep boards moving smoothly.
- 2 large 6” dust ports, one for each function, can connect to your dust collector so your shop stays pristine with safe, breathable air.
- This digital planer is covered by a 1-year parts warranty.
- Replacement parts are in stock at our Wisconsin warehouse. We can get them to you without delay.
- You can count on lifetime technical support by phone from a team of experience woodworkers, all of whom know our machines inside and out.
Item Number JP-1898-NC
Shipping Weight 3100lbs
Table Size (Length) 98"
Table Size (Width) 18"
Fence Tilt 45°
Cutter Head Diameter 4.75'
Max Stock Width 18'
Number of Knives Helical Head
Maximum Stock Height 9.8"
Minimum Stock Thickness 3/16'
Feed Speed 16 to 50 FPM Variable
Table Elevation Digital Control
Jointer Maximum Cutting Depth 1/4"
Power 220V Three Phase
Horse Power 7.5
Weight (lbs) 3036
Shipping Dimensions (Inches) 106x48x59
This item will be shipped to you directly from the manufacturer.
Processing and fulfillment times are subject to manufacturer availability. If there are any delays, you will be contacted by us with a more accurate delivery timeframe.
It is important to assess the product being shipped against your location and material-handling capabilities.
Please be aware that your location needs to be prepared to properly handle and sign for freight shipments. You need to have access to a dock location, a forklift or the ability to unload the product from the freight carrier's trailer.
If your location does not have a traditional loading dock or forklift to unload your LTL freight out of the trailer, a Lift gate service will be required. There will be an additional charge of $100 to $200 dollars for the service. Sometimes it can be more or less. It varies by carrier and even by market with different carriers. It often depends on the supply and demand of lift gate equipped trucks in your area.
If a shipment is too heavy or the footprint (i.e., panel saws, metalworking lathes, mill/drills) is too large to ship via small parcel carrier (USPS, UPS or FedEx), it is shipped via a freight carrier. Freight shipments are considered tail gate deliveries, meaning that the driver is only responsible for moving the shipment to the rear of the trailer and will not assist with unloading.
For non-commercial deliveries, the freight carrier will contact you to schedule a delivery window and confirm if lift gate services are required. If lift gate service is requested, the driver is responsible for lowering the product to the ground during delivery. Freight shipments delivered to a residential location are considered curb side deliveries, meaning the driver will make the delivery in the street at the end of the customer’s driveway. Freight Carriers are not required to enter driveways to make residential deliveries due to liability and safety issues.
Although most deliveries go smoothly, sometimes there are exceptions beyond our control. Machines weighing over 2,000 pounds, bulky and oversized machines with a large footprint may not be able to be delivered via a lift gate for risk of injury or damage to the machine. There are also inaccessible remote, residential or high density urban areas that freight carriers cannot safely access. If encountered, such shipments are available for dock delivery or will be required to be picked up from the carrier’s terminal.
If you have any questions about freight delivery options, contact us at info@FactoryDirectSupplyOnline.com
California Proposition 65
⚠WARNING: – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
We are providing this warning pursuant to a law passed by California in 1986 called the “California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986”, or “Proposition 65” for short.
A Proposition 65 warning does not mean a product is in violation of any product-safety standards or requirements. In fact, the California government has clarified that “[t]he fact that a product bears a Proposition 65 warning does not mean by itself that the product is unsafe.”
The California agency tasked with implementing Proposition 65 has also explained, “You could think of Proposition 65 more as a ‘right to know’ law than a pure product safety law.” See http://oehha.ca.gov/prop65/background/p65plain.html
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.