This open-end belt sander can tackle wide or irregular pieces. With its cast iron table and steel frame, the OBS-1548 is built to last. Unlike most competing models, it offers 3 speeds.
- Open-end design with 15” width can get 30” of working material through.
- Perfect for sanding cabinet doors, butcher blocks, office tables, and furniture.
- 5 hp motor runs on 220-volt single-phase power.
- 3 feed speeds (16.4, 23, 32.8 fpm) let you adjust to fit your type of material. Most competitors only offer 2 speeds.
- Multiple speeds make it easy to sand away glued layers of wood. Use the high speed to knock off the glue, then switch to a slower speed.
- Extension table can support wider pieces of material.
- Disc brake for emergency stops makes your shop safer.
- Conveniently accessible side panel doors allow for quick belt changes.
- Pneumatic belt tensioning and tracking help you get the tension just right for a smooth finish.
- Heavy steel frame can withstand the weight of large, heavy materials.
- Covered by a 1-year parts warranty.
- We keep replacement parts in stock at our Wisconsin headquarters, so we can ship them out to you quickly.
- Our team of experienced woodworkers is here to provide lifetime technical support by phone.
Recommended for: Companies that use their belt sander machine for multiple hours a day.
Item Number OBS-1548
Shipping Weight 985lbs
Speeds 2300 fpm
Belt/Blade Size 16" x 48"
Max Stock Width 15"
Maximum Stock Height 5-3/4"
Minimum Stock Thickness 1/8"
Minimum Stock Length 12-1/4"
Feed Speed 16.4, 23, 32.8 fpm
Power 220V Single Phase
Horse Power 5
Weight (lbs) 930
Shipping Dimensions (Inches) 45x32x74
This item will be shipped to you directly from the manufacturer.
Processing and fulfillment times are subject to manufacturer availability. If there are any delays, you will be contacted by us with a more accurate delivery timeframe.
It is important to assess the product being shipped against your location and material-handling capabilities.
Please be aware that your location needs to be prepared to properly handle and sign for freight shipments. You need to have access to a dock location, a forklift or the ability to unload the product from the freight carrier's trailer.
If your location does not have a traditional loading dock or forklift to unload your LTL freight out of the trailer, a Lift gate service will be required. There will be an additional charge of $100 to $200 dollars for the service. Sometimes it can be more or less. It varies by carrier and even by market with different carriers. It often depends on the supply and demand of lift gate equipped trucks in your area.
If a shipment is too heavy or the footprint (i.e., panel saws, metalworking lathes, mill/drills) is too large to ship via small parcel carrier (USPS, UPS or FedEx), it is shipped via a freight carrier. Freight shipments are considered tail gate deliveries, meaning that the driver is only responsible for moving the shipment to the rear of the trailer and will not assist with unloading.
For non-commercial deliveries, the freight carrier will contact you to schedule a delivery window and confirm if lift gate services are required. If lift gate service is requested, the driver is responsible for lowering the product to the ground during delivery. Freight shipments delivered to a residential location are considered curb side deliveries, meaning the driver will make the delivery in the street at the end of the customer’s driveway. Freight Carriers are not required to enter driveways to make residential deliveries due to liability and safety issues.
Although most deliveries go smoothly, sometimes there are exceptions beyond our control. Machines weighing over 2,000 pounds, bulky and oversized machines with a large footprint may not be able to be delivered via a lift gate for risk of injury or damage to the machine. There are also inaccessible remote, residential or high density urban areas that freight carriers cannot safely access. If encountered, such shipments are available for dock delivery or will be required to be picked up from the carrier’s terminal.
If you have any questions about freight delivery options, contact us at info@FactoryDirectSupplyOnline.com
California Proposition 65
⚠WARNING: – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
We are providing this warning pursuant to a law passed by California in 1986 called the “California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986”, or “Proposition 65” for short.
A Proposition 65 warning does not mean a product is in violation of any product-safety standards or requirements. In fact, the California government has clarified that “[t]he fact that a product bears a Proposition 65 warning does not mean by itself that the product is unsafe.”
The California agency tasked with implementing Proposition 65 has also explained, “You could think of Proposition 65 more as a ‘right to know’ law than a pure product safety law.” See http://oehha.ca.gov/prop65/background/p65plain.html
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.