The PH-28HD-VS power hammer can hit harder and move metal faster than most hammers its size. This USA-made machine lets you shape multiple sheets at once, then planish them out.
- 28” throat with deep cutout designed for fenders.
- Large 14 gauge mild steel capacity.
- Variable speed from 0 to 1,000 beats per minute.
- 3 hp motor runs on 220-volt single-phase power.
- Developed over 20 years of research to find what’s most important to metal shapers.
- Hits up to 75% harder than its predecessor, the MH-19.
- Incorporates Dupont linkage (also used on our massive MH-37HD) to shape heavier gauges of steel.
- Quick-release design lets you get the tooling out of the way to add or remove your panel.
- Switch between 3 fixed stroke settings on the fly: ¼”, ½”, ¾”.
- Adjust the lower ram up or down via a large acme thread, so you won’t need to shim if different tool thicknesses are required.
- Simple, proven mechanism uses easily replaceable, off-the-shelf die springs.
- Floating chain and sprocket setup eliminates the leather strap commonly found on legacy hammers.
- You can add an optional planishing hammer attachment to the side of this power hammer.
- Rigid 1” plate steel frame ensures high-quality, controllable shaping force and won’t buckle under the heavy hits.
- Portable pedestal raises the working height and allows better visibility of the hit mark.
- Covered by a 1-year parts warranty.
- Our team of experienced metal shapers is here to provide lifetime technical support by phone.
Recommended for: Automotive shops that need to shape metal quickly and often work on fenders.
Item Number PH-28HD-VS
Country of Manufacture United States
Motor Hp 3
Speed 0 - 1000 beats / min (Variable)
Mild Steel Capacity 14 ga.
Tooling Height Adjustment 2"
Throat Depth 28"
Working Height 62.5"
Aluminum Capacity 10 ga.
Length Of Stroke Adj 3 Fixed Lengths: 1/4", 1/2", 3/4"
Power 220V / 1-phase
Shipping Weight 2000lbs
*Optional Tooling Some applications may require optional tooling. Please contact a Technical Sales Specialist at Baileigh Industrial with specific application details.
Special Notes *Does Not Include Tooling, Uses Same Tooling as MH-19. Please consult a Baileigh Rep. for proper tooling.
Shipping Dimensions (Inches) 60x50x98
This item will be shipped to you directly from the manufacturer.
Processing and fulfillment times are subject to manufacturer availability. If there are any delays, you will be contacted by us with a more accurate delivery timeframe.
It is important to assess the product being shipped against your location and material-handling capabilities.
Please be aware that your location needs to be prepared to properly handle and sign for freight shipments. You need to have access to a dock location, a forklift or the ability to unload the product from the freight carrier's trailer.
If your location does not have a traditional loading dock or forklift to unload your LTL freight out of the trailer, a Lift gate service will be required. There will be an additional charge of $100 to $200 dollars for the service. Sometimes it can be more or less. It varies by carrier and even by market with different carriers. It often depends on the supply and demand of lift gate equipped trucks in your area.
If a shipment is too heavy or the footprint (i.e., panel saws, metalworking lathes, mill/drills) is too large to ship via small parcel carrier (USPS, UPS or FedEx), it is shipped via a freight carrier. Freight shipments are considered tail gate deliveries, meaning that the driver is only responsible for moving the shipment to the rear of the trailer and will not assist with unloading.
For non-commercial deliveries, the freight carrier will contact you to schedule a delivery window and confirm if lift gate services are required. If lift gate service is requested, the driver is responsible for lowering the product to the ground during delivery. Freight shipments delivered to a residential location are considered curb side deliveries, meaning the driver will make the delivery in the street at the end of the customer’s driveway. Freight Carriers are not required to enter driveways to make residential deliveries due to liability and safety issues.
Although most deliveries go smoothly, sometimes there are exceptions beyond our control. Machines weighing over 2,000 pounds, bulky and oversized machines with a large footprint may not be able to be delivered via a lift gate for risk of injury or damage to the machine. There are also inaccessible remote, residential or high density urban areas that freight carriers cannot safely access. If encountered, such shipments are available for dock delivery or will be required to be picked up from the carrier’s terminal.
If you have any questions about freight delivery options, contact us at info@FactoryDirectSupplyOnline.com
California Proposition 65
⚠WARNING: – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
We are providing this warning pursuant to a law passed by California in 1986 called the “California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986”, or “Proposition 65” for short.
A Proposition 65 warning does not mean a product is in violation of any product-safety standards or requirements. In fact, the California government has clarified that “[t]he fact that a product bears a Proposition 65 warning does not mean by itself that the product is unsafe.”
The California agency tasked with implementing Proposition 65 has also explained, “You could think of Proposition 65 more as a ‘right to know’ law than a pure product safety law.” See http://oehha.ca.gov/prop65/background/p65plain.html
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.