The Simpson Strong-Tie BC series offers dual purpose post cap/base for light cap or base connections. The BC6SS post base is approved to be installed with the specified nails or Strong-Drive SD connector screws. The Strong-Tie BC6SS post cap is made from 316L stainless steel for maximum corrosion resistance.
Fasteners Required: Beam Flange - (12) 0.162 x 3-1/2" Nails Post Flange - (12) 0.162 x 3-1/2" Nails
Manufacturer Name: Simpson Strong-Tie
For Treated Lumber: no
Material: 316L Stainless Steel
Thickness: 18 Gauge
- Use all specified fasteners.
- Do not install bolts into pilot holes
- BC: install with 16d commons or 16dx2 1/2" joist hanger nails.
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports).
- To tie multiple 2x members together, the Designer must determine the fasteners required to join members to act as one unit without splitting the wood.
California Proposition 65
⚠WARNING: – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
We are providing this warning pursuant to a law passed by California in 1986 called the “California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986”, or “Proposition 65” for short.
A Proposition 65 warning does not mean a product is in violation of any product-safety standards or requirements. In fact, the California government has clarified that “[t]he fact that a product bears a Proposition 65 warning does not mean by itself that the product is unsafe.”
The California agency tasked with implementing Proposition 65 has also explained, “You could think of Proposition 65 more as a ‘right to know’ law than a pure product safety law.” See http://oehha.ca.gov/prop65/background/p65plain.html
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.