Simpson Strong Tie HDU5-SDS2.5 14-Gauge 13-3/16" Predeflected Holdown with SDS Screws
Simpson Strong-Tie HDU Holdowns are pre-deflected to virtually eliminate deflection under load due to material stretch. The Strong-Tie HDU5-SDS2.5 pre-deflected holdown is installed with Simpson Strong-Drive SDS heavy duty connector screws which are included with the holdown.
HDU Special Features
- Holdown designs virtually eliminate deflection due to material strech.
- Uses Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws which install easily, reduce fastener slip, and provide a greater net section area of the post compared to bolts.
- Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws are supplied with the holdowns to ensure proper fasteners are used.
- No stud bolts to countersink at openings.
- Use all specified fasteners.
- The HDU requires no additional washer, the DTT requires a standard cut washer (included with DTT2Z) be installed between the nut and the seat.
- Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws install best with a low speed high torque drill with a 3/8" hex head driver.
California Proposition 65
⚠WARNING: – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
We are providing this warning pursuant to a law passed by California in 1986 called the “California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986”, or “Proposition 65” for short.
A Proposition 65 warning does not mean a product is in violation of any product-safety standards or requirements. In fact, the California government has clarified that “[t]he fact that a product bears a Proposition 65 warning does not mean by itself that the product is unsafe.”
The California agency tasked with implementing Proposition 65 has also explained, “You could think of Proposition 65 more as a ‘right to know’ law than a pure product safety law.” See http://oehha.ca.gov/prop65/background/p65plain.html
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.