Hinge connectors are designed to transfer loads between two beams aligned end-to-end through a combination of bearing plates, side plates and bolts. In addition to supporting vertical loads, hinge connectors can also be specified with additional slotted bolt holes to resist horizontal loads as part of a continuous load path. They can also be ordered to accommodate dapping or notching on the top of the beam.
This product is made to order and is non-returnable- Please email or call us for specifications and exact lead time on this product
- Side plates — 7 gauge; top and bottom plates — see PT dimensions in Allowable Download table
- Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Bolt holes shall be a minimum of 1/32" and a maximum of 1/16" larger than the bolt diameter (per 2015/2018 NDS 220.127.116.11)
- The model size (suffix) column in the Allowable Download table gives the basic HCA model with two rotation bolts
- Contact Simpson Strong-Tie for heights greater than 60"
- Position 3/4"-diameter bolts in slots away from bearing seat to allow for wood shrinkage
- The Horizontal Load table gives other bolt options
Please contact us for specifications and to place an order
- To order, add the width (W) and bearing plate size (PD) designation after the model name. Specify the H dimension.
- For dapped beams, reduce the H dimension by the PT dimension for each dap. See SPECS
- Specify model no., model size and height H. Ordering Example: HC4C3TA5-6 H = 18".
Note: The image displayed is a generic representation of the type of product. Product dimensions and/or Screw or Bolt holes may differ from picture. Please see item description for specifications.