Simpson Strong-Tie HD3B Bolted Holdown - G90 Galvanized
HDB 8-5/8 in 12-Gauge Galvanized Bolted Holdown
Simpson Strong-Tie offers a wide variety of bolted holdowns offering lowdeflection performance for a range of load requirements. The HD3B holdown has been tested in accordance with ICC-ES's AC 155 acceptance criteria and are approved for use in vertical and horizontal applications. The HD3B is a light-duty holdown designed for use in shearwalls and braced-wall panels, as well as other lateral applications.
Fasteners Required: - (2) 5/8" Machine Bolts - (1) 5/8" Concrete Anchor
For Treated Lumber: no
Finish Spec: G90 Galvanized
Manufacturer Name: Simpson Strong-Tie
Thickness: 12 Gauge
- Use all specified fasteners.
- Bolt holes shall be a minimum of 1/32" to a maximum of 1/16" larger than the bolt diameter (per 2012 NDS, section 184.108.40.206).
- Stud bolts should be snugly tightened with standard cut washers between the wood and nut (BP's are required in the City and County of Los Angeles).
- HD and HDB holdowns are self-jigging and will ensure minimum bolt end distance when installed flush with the sill plate.
- Standard cut washer is required under the anchor nut for HD12 with 1" anchor and HD19 with 1 1/8" anchors.
Note: The image displayed is a generic representation of the type of product. Product dimensions and/or Screw or Bolt holes may differ from picture. Please see item description for specifications.
California Proposition 65
⚠WARNING: – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
We are providing this warning pursuant to a law passed by California in 1986 called the “California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986”, or “Proposition 65” for short.
A Proposition 65 warning does not mean a product is in violation of any product-safety standards or requirements. In fact, the California government has clarified that “[t]he fact that a product bears a Proposition 65 warning does not mean by itself that the product is unsafe.”
The California agency tasked with implementing Proposition 65 has also explained, “You could think of Proposition 65 more as a ‘right to know’ law than a pure product safety law.” See http://oehha.ca.gov/prop65/background/p65plain.html
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.