Simpson Strong-Tie HU212-2 Double 2x12 Face Mount Joist Hanger - G90 Galvanized
HU Galvanized Face-Mount Joist Hanger for Double 2x12
Simpson Strong-Tie HU hangers are heavy duty 14 gauge face mount hangers that have been designed for use in commercial applications. These hangers can be installed into masonry and concrete with the correctly specified Titen screws. The Strong-Tie HU212-2 joist hanger features a G90 galvanized finish for added corrosion resistance and requires the use of hot-dip galvanized fasteners which meet the specifications of ASTM A153
Fasteners Required: Face - (22) 0.162" x 3-1/2" Nails Joist - (10) 0.148" x 3" Nails
For Treated Lumber: no
Finish Spec: G90 Galvanized
Joist Size: Double 2X12
Manufacturer Name: Simpson Strong-Tie
Thickness: 14 Gauge
Width Spec: 3-1/8"
- Use all specified fasteners.
- These hangers are attached to grouted CMU walls using 1/4" x 2 3/4" hex head Simpson Strong-Tie® Titen® screws or for concrete walls using 1/4x1 3/4" hex head Titen screws. Titen screws are not provided.
- Drill the 3/16" diameter hole to the specified embedment depth plus 1/2".
- Alternatively, drill the 3/16" diameter hole to the specified embedment depth and blow it clean using compressed air.
- Caution: Oversized holes in the base material will reduce or eliminate the mechanical interlock of the threads with the base material and will reduce the anchor's load capacity.
- The hangers should be installed such that a minimum end and edge distance of 1 1/2" is maintained.
- Provide moisture barrier between beam and wall per jurisdictional requirements.
California Proposition 65
⚠WARNING: – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
We are providing this warning pursuant to a law passed by California in 1986 called the “California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986”, or “Proposition 65” for short.
A Proposition 65 warning does not mean a product is in violation of any product-safety standards or requirements. In fact, the California government has clarified that “[t]he fact that a product bears a Proposition 65 warning does not mean by itself that the product is unsafe.”
The California agency tasked with implementing Proposition 65 has also explained, “You could think of Proposition 65 more as a ‘right to know’ law than a pure product safety law.” See http://oehha.ca.gov/prop65/background/p65plain.html
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.