Simpson Strong-Tie LSTHD8 18-5/8" Strap-Tie Holdown - Galvanized
LSTHD 18-5/8 in 14-Gauge Galvanized Strap-Tie Holdown
The STHD is an embedded strap-tie holdown offering high loads and a staggered nail pattern to help minimize splitting. The STHD incorporates many features that aid correct installation and improve performance. When installed on the forms with the StrapMate® strap holder, the unique design of the STHD delivers enhanced stability before and during the pour to help prevent both parallel and perpendicular movement (relative to the form). This results in accurate positioning of the strap and reduced possibility of spalling. Front-to-back concrete bond is strengthened by the slots below the embedment line and also aids in reducing spalling.
For Treated Lumber: yes
Finish Spec: Galvanized
Length Spec: 18-5/8"
Manufacturer Name: Simpson Strong-Tie
Material: Carbon Steel
Thickness: 14 Gauge
Width Spec: 3"
- See General Notes for Holdowns and Tension Ties.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Use tables for both standard concrete and post-tension slab installations.
- Install before concrete pour with a StrapMate, or other holding device.
- Nail strap from the bottom up. Install strap plumb.
- Strap may be bent one full cycle (bent horizontal 90° then bent vertical) to aid wall placement, but may cause spalling behind the strap. If the spall is 1" or less, measured from the embedment line to the bottom of the spall, full loads apply. 1" to 4" spalls for LSTHD8 achieve 0.9 times table loads. STHD10 and STHD14 achieve full load for spalls less than 4". Any portion of the strap left exposed should be protected against corrosion.
- Other than where noted in the two-pour detail, do not install where: (a) A horizontal cold joint exists within the embedment depth between the slab and foundation wall or footing beneath, unless provisions are made to transfer the load, or the slab is designed to resist the load imposed by the anchor; or (b) Slabs are poured over concrete block foundation walls.
- Additional studs attached to the shearwall studs or post may be required by the Designer for wall sheathing nailing.
- Wood shrinkage after strap installation across horizontal members may cause strap to buckle outward.
- For installations in severe corrosion environments, refer to General Corrosion Risks for additional considerations
California Proposition 65
⚠WARNING: – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
We are providing this warning pursuant to a law passed by California in 1986 called the “California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986”, or “Proposition 65” for short.
A Proposition 65 warning does not mean a product is in violation of any product-safety standards or requirements. In fact, the California government has clarified that “[t]he fact that a product bears a Proposition 65 warning does not mean by itself that the product is unsafe.”
The California agency tasked with implementing Proposition 65 has also explained, “You could think of Proposition 65 more as a ‘right to know’ law than a pure product safety law.” See http://oehha.ca.gov/prop65/background/p65plain.html
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.