Simpson Strong-Tie H series of hurricane ties provide a positive connection between truss/rafter and the wall of the structure to resist wind and seismic forces. The Strong-Tie H10AZ Hurricane Tie features a G185 ZMAX galvanized finish for added corrosion resistance and requires the use of hot-dip galvanized fasteners which meet the specifications of ASTM A153.
Finish Spec: ZMAX
Manufacturer Name: Simpson Strong-Tie
Fasteners Required: To Rafters/Truss - (9) 0.148" x 1-1/2" NailsTop Plates - (9) 0.148" x 1-1/2" Nails
For Treated Lumber: yes
Thickness: 18 Gauge
- Use all specified fasteners.
- Use hot-dip galvanized (HDG) nails with ZMAX and HDG connector products. Use Type 316 stainless-steel nails with our stainless-steel connector products.
- Hurricane ties do not replace solid blocking.
- When installing ties on plated trusses (on the side opposite the truss plate) do not fasten through the truss plate from behind. This can force the truss plate off of the truss and compromise truss performance.
- H10A optional nailing to connect shear blocking, use 8d nails. Slots allow maximum field bending up to a pitch of 6:12, use H10A sloped loads for field bent installation.
California Proposition 65
⚠WARNING: – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
We are providing this warning pursuant to a law passed by California in 1986 called the “California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986”, or “Proposition 65” for short.
A Proposition 65 warning does not mean a product is in violation of any product-safety standards or requirements. In fact, the California government has clarified that “[t]he fact that a product bears a Proposition 65 warning does not mean by itself that the product is unsafe.”
The California agency tasked with implementing Proposition 65 has also explained, “You could think of Proposition 65 more as a ‘right to know’ law than a pure product safety law.” See http://oehha.ca.gov/prop65/background/p65plain.html
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.