Titen HD screw anchors are a trusted anchor solution because they offer the performance that specifiers need and the ease of installation that contractors demand. Until now, however, they were not for use in permanent exterior or corroslve environments. The Titen HD stainless-steel screw anchor for concrete and masonry sets the new standard for when the job calls for installation in multiple types of environments. It is the ultimate choice to provide fast and efficient installation, combined with long-lasting corrosion resistance for an unsurpassed peace-of-mind.
Product Information and Size
|Coating/Material||Type 304 Stainless Steel|
|Size (in.)||3/4 x 8 1/2|
|Drill Bit Dia. (in.)||3/4|
|Wrench Size (in.)||1 1/8|
|Recommended Fixture Hole Size (in.)||7/8 to 15/16|
Innovative — The serrated carbon-steel threads on the tip of the stainless-steel Titen HD are vital because they undercut the concrete as the anchor is driven into the hole, making way for the rest of the threads to interlock with the concrete. In order for these threads to be durable enough to cut into the concrete, they are formed from carbon steel that is then hardened and brazed onto the tip of the anchor.
Corrosion Resistant — For dry, interior applications, carbon-steel corrosion is not a risk, but in any kind of exterior, coastal or chemical environment the anchor would be susceptible to corrosion. With the introduction of the THDSS, there is finally a state-of-the-art anchor solution that combines the corrosion resistance of Type 300 Series stainless steel with the undercutting ability of sacrificial heat-treated carbon-steel cutting threads.
Type 300 Series stainless-steel screw anchors have different corrosion-resistant properties for different environments. When matched to the appropriate environment and application, anchors made from Type 300 Series stainless steel will resist the effects of corrosion and maintain their strength and integrity. Type 316 is the optimal choice for applications in corrosive or extreme environments such as salt water, or when chemical or corrosive solutions are present. Type 304 is a cost-effective solution for less extreme applications where the environment may be wet, moist or damp.
- THDSS stainless-steel screw anchor available in 1/4", 5/8" and 3/4" diameters, in addition to the 3/8" and 1/2" sizes
- Ideal for exterior or corrosive environments
- Less carbon steel, less expansion
- Installs with an impact wrench or by hand tool
- Code listed in IAPMO UES ER-493 (concrete) and ICC-ES ESR-1056 (masonry)
- Tested per ACI355.2 and AC193
- U.S. Patents: 8,747,042 and 9,517,519
- Type 316 and Type 304 stainless steel with carbon-steel lead threads
- Drill a hole in the base material using a carbide drill bit (complying with ANSI B212.15) with the same diameter as the nominal diameter of the anchor to be installed. Drill the hole to the specified minimum hole depth overdrill (see table below) to allow the thread tapping dust to settle, and blow it clean using compressed air. (Overhead installations need not be blown clean.) Alternatively, drill the hole deep enough to accommodate embedment depth and the dust from drilling and tapping.
- Insert the anchor through the fixture and into the hole.
- Tighten the anchor into the base material until the hex-washer head contacts the fixture.
California Proposition 65
⚠WARNING: – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
We are providing this warning pursuant to a law passed by California in 1986 called the “California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986”, or “Proposition 65” for short.
A Proposition 65 warning does not mean a product is in violation of any product-safety standards or requirements. In fact, the California government has clarified that “[t]he fact that a product bears a Proposition 65 warning does not mean by itself that the product is unsafe.”
The California agency tasked with implementing Proposition 65 has also explained, “You could think of Proposition 65 more as a ‘right to know’ law than a pure product safety law.” See http://oehha.ca.gov/prop65/background/p65plain.html
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.