Coating/Material Mechanically Galvanized, Class 55
Screw Size #10
Length (in.) 1 1/2
Drive Type 1/4 in. Hex
Head Type Hex Head
Point Type Sharp Point
The Strong-Drive SD Connector screw is specifically designed to replace nails in certain Simpson Strong-Tie connectors and is the only screw approved for that application. The load-rated SD screw has been tested and approved for use in many popular Simpson Strong-Tie products. In certain applications screws are easier and more convenient to install than nails, and the single-fastener load values achieved by the SD screw exceed those of typical 10d common or 16d common nails. In addition, the galvanized coating makes the SD screw ideal for interior and most exterior conditions.
- Specifically designed to replace nails in certain Simpson Strong-Tie connectors and is the only screw approved for that application. The #9 and #10 SD screws replace 10d and 16d nails, respectively.
- Tested and approved for use in many of our most popular connectors for both interior and exterior applications.
- Ideal for use in connector applications where more control is desired or using a hammer is inconvenient.
- 1/4" hex head with 0.370"-dia. integrated washer is stamped with the Simpson Strong-Tie "≠" sign and the fastener size for easy identification after installation.
- Shank is specifically designed to match the fastener holes in Simpson Strong-Tie connectors.
- Optimized heat treating for ductility and strength.
- The single-fastener load capacity of the SD9 exceeds the capacity of a 10d common nail, while the single-fastener load capacity of the SD10 exceeds that of the 16d common nail.
- Hex driver included.
Mechanically galvanized coating meets ASTM B695 Class 55, is recommended for use with certain preservative-treated woods and recognized as an alternate to hot-dip galvanized in ESR-3046; it is compliant with the 2012 International Residential Code.
- Simpson Strong‑Tie connectors
Note: The image displayed is a generic representation of the type of product. Product dimensions and/or thread length may differ from picture. Please see above item description for specifications.
California Proposition 65
⚠WARNING: – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
We are providing this warning pursuant to a law passed by California in 1986 called the “California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986”, or “Proposition 65” for short.
A Proposition 65 warning does not mean a product is in violation of any product-safety standards or requirements. In fact, the California government has clarified that “[t]he fact that a product bears a Proposition 65 warning does not mean by itself that the product is unsafe.”
The California agency tasked with implementing Proposition 65 has also explained, “You could think of Proposition 65 more as a ‘right to know’ law than a pure product safety law.” See http://oehha.ca.gov/prop65/background/p65plain.html
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.