The Simpson Strong-Tie cast-in-place CBPC column base helps prevent wood members from rotating. The bottom of its base plate is designed to be flush with the concrete. The CB66PC column base features a flat black powder-coated finish which produces a much more durable and better looking finish than standard paint.
Finish Spec: Textured Black Powder-Coat
Manufacturer Name: Simpson Strong-Tie
Fasteners Required: Bolts - (2) 5/8"
For Treated Lumber: no
Thickness: 7 Gauge
- Use all specified fasteners.
- Allowable loads have been increased 60% for wind or earthquake loading. No further increase allowed; reduce where other loads govern.
- Minimum side cover for full loads is 3" for CBs
- Install all models with bottom of base plate flush with concrete.
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports).
Note: The image displayed is a generic representation of the type of product. Product dimensions and/or Screw or Bolt holes may differ from picture. Please see item description for specifications.
California Proposition 65
⚠WARNING: – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
We are providing this warning pursuant to a law passed by California in 1986 called the “California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986”, or “Proposition 65” for short.
A Proposition 65 warning does not mean a product is in violation of any product-safety standards or requirements. In fact, the California government has clarified that “[t]he fact that a product bears a Proposition 65 warning does not mean by itself that the product is unsafe.”
The California agency tasked with implementing Proposition 65 has also explained, “You could think of Proposition 65 more as a ‘right to know’ law than a pure product safety law.” See http://oehha.ca.gov/prop65/background/p65plain.html
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.